Bill Cosby and Heathcliff Huxstable are not the same person.




Heathcliff Huxstable was a well respected OBGYN who was a great father and husband. Unfortunately He was not an actual person. A lot of black folks can't seem to distinguish the fact that the actor who played that character and that character are not one in the same. We romanticize about the Huxstable family because they where black excellence personified. And represented everything that is beautiful about the black experience. Especially at a time when the Crack epidemic was at it's peak. A lot of black folks retreated into that show as some sort of cathartic relief from the trauma that we where going through as a people during the late 80s. I get it man I honestly do but you gotta step back into reality. Bill Cosby so it seams was a predator. Cliff Huxstable didn't get convicted today Bill Cosby did. 

When it comes to cases of sexual assault and rape. One must always try to take a step back from emotion and try to look at the situation as objectively as possible. I think objectivity is what was largely missing from the Leigh Raven and Rico Strong situation. You had a woman who probably honestly believes she was assaulted and you have a Director and Talent in Rico Strong who do not believe they did anything wrong. And all the people coming down on either side without knowing all the facts. After reviewing the BTS footage on mikesouth it does not appear that Ms Raven was assaulted. However that being said there is no way to know for certain if that footage was actually edited to take out the footage that could have corroborated Ms. Ravens version of events.

I really wrestled with writing this piece because I did not want to jump to conclusions without more evidence. 
It looks like the dust has settled and nothing more is being offered as far as information to clarify what really took place. We are all left to come to our own conclusions about what transpired. All I will say is that. I honestly don't know what happened. I have never watched Ms. Raven in any of her scenes. To my knowledge she is relatively new to the adult industry. On the flip side I have been a fan of Rico Strong for a long time. He has performed with some of my favorite adult film starlets and produced some of the hottest scenes I can remember. Rico has a pretty damn good track record with female performers. 15 years is a long time. However I am not going to allow my previous familiarity with Rico Strong to take away my objectivity like a lot of Black people have done with Mr. Cosby. I say again I honestly don't know what happened Only the parties involved do. 

I understand that Ms Raven took her allegations to the police and they are investigating it. The US justice system is a flawed one but I hope this thing is adjudicated. And some resemblance of the truth is brought to light. In the meantime. Wherever you fall on this issue. Whether you support Rico Strong or Ms Raven. Don't allow your biases, preconceptions or familiarity with either of them blind you from the truth. No matter what that is. 

Comments

  1. Good article! I am a big fan of The Cosby Show but I know how to separate fiction from reality.

    As far as Leigh Raven and Rico Strong goes, I don't think Rico can come back from this. I also think that Leigh and her wife are a bunch of liars and unfortunately, I think Just Dave will not receive the same judgment that Rico did.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Tara Babcock and people like her Go sit yo asses down some where.

Finally a name

Some times the universe has a way of working things out.